Student, Trainee & Early-stage Professional (STEP & ESP) membership and participation in ACCP’s Annual Meeting are strongly encouraged and are beneficial on several levels:
- Mentoring, networking and expert career guidance
- Student, Trainee & Early-stage Professional-specific events at the Annual Meeting
- ACCP Student & Trainee and Early-stage Professionals Abstract Awards Programs
- Substantially-discounted registration fees for educational programs
Learn How to Make the Most of Your Participation in the Meeting
In advance of the meeting, STEP & ESP Attendees will be invited to attend a webinar on how to make the most of their time and the opportunities presented at the meeting. Don’t miss the chance to virtually meet peers before arriving at the meeting and learn about key events!
Early-stage Professional (ESP) Ambassadors
Students & Trainees will be given the option of being partnered with an Early-stage Professional (ESP) Ambassador that will contact you in advance of the meeting to answer questions and share information about what to expect of the meeting. The ESP Ambassador will also serve as your guide at the meeting, answer questions and help you network throughout the events.
Check in at the ACCP Registration Desk upon arrival and meet the ACCP Staff while you pick up your meeting materials. STEP & ESP Attendees will be identified with ribbons on their badges.
Pre-meeting Workshop: A Snapshot of Clinical Pharmacology Workflows With R (Saturday, September 9th from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM PT) Cedar Ballroom
This Workshop will be useful for individuals of beginner to intermediate-level R users and can range from doctorate-level students (MD, PharmD, PhD) to postdoctoral fellows and early-stage professionals. The audience should have a foundational understanding of how to leverage pharmacometrics skills to inform drug development decisions. The target audience may either handle clinical data on a daily basis or are interested in enhancing their skills in applying state-of-the-art data and pharmacometrics analysis methods in drug development and patient care.
PharmaFete (Saturday, September 9th from 7:00 – 10:00 PM PT) Grand Ballroom I-K
Join us Saturday evening for the PharmaFete to celebrate the start of the meeting and enjoy the chance to socialize, connect with friends and meet ACCP Members and Annual Meeting Attendees with whom you will share experiences over the next three days.
STEP & ESP Morning Gatherings, (each day from Sunday through Tuesday, 7:00 – 7:45 AM PT) Ballroom I-K
The group is encouraged to meet each morning for breakfast create a sense of community and provide opportunities to network and share your experiences at the meeting. Each morning will have a theme to help you get the most out of the meeting. When you are up and going for the morning, grab some breakfast and join us to get this extra benefit of the meeting.
- Sunday, September 10th: “Getting to Know You” Welcome Gathering – Join your peers and enjoy the chance to introduce yourself, casually chat, begin networking and becoming part of the STEP & ESP community.
- Monday, September 11th: “Options to Get Involved & Grow at ACCP” Gathering - ACCP provides a myriad of options for involvement to colleagues at all levels. Dr. Matthew Dufek, ACCP Regent and Chair of the Membership Committee, will share information about the intimate nature of the society and the ability to network and interact with distinguished colleagues at all levels and therapeutic areas to exchange ideas and challenge your perspective provides the opportunity to learn and grow in your career to achieve professional success.
- Tuesday, September 12th: “Career Exploration & Advice” Gathering – Use your last morning together to ask final questions, continue networking and find ways to stay in touch with the STEP & ESP community.
STEP & ESP Panel Discussion (Sunday, September 10th, 1:30 – 3:00 PM PT) Auditorium
This event will be invaluable for STEP & ESP colleagues. We strongly encourage you to join us and hear senior colleagues share their experience and guidance on “Career Transitions in Clinical Pharmacology: How to Understand the Opportunity and Make the Change”, including understanding the breadth of opportunities available to you, how to assess the potential for change, finding the right fit and taking the leap to propel you career. Faculty Speakers at this event will include:
2023 ACCP Annual Meeting STEP Panel Discussion Speakers