Letter of Invitation from President & Program Co-chairs
Join Us Live and In-person for the 2022 ACCP Annual Meeting (#2022ACCP)!
"Transforming Global Health through Clinical Pharmacology"
September 25 – 27, 2022
We invite you to join us live, in-person for the 2022 Annual Meeting of the American College of Clinical Pharmacology®, Transforming Global Health through Clinical Pharmacology, September 25 – 27, 2022 in Bethesda, MD! After two years of virtual meetings, we are pleased to be face-to-face with colleagues and are focused on Attendee safety and wellbeing as we continue to provide the welcoming, intimate nature of the ACCP Annual Meeting. Enjoy three days of exceptional and cutting-edge educational sessions that include a diverse, global representation of Faculty Speakers from clinical, academic, industry, regulatory and consulting perspectives.
In keeping with ACCP’s long-term commitment to excellence in science and education, the 2022 Annual Meeting Program Committee, co-chaired by Drs. Joanna Masters and Oliver Grundmann, has worked diligently to provide a well-rounded educational program that meets the needs of healthcare professionals and scientists with an interest in one or more of the myriad of applications of clinical pharmacology including all stages of drug development research and optimizing patient care. The 3-day meeting will include many of the elements you have come to appreciate in the ACCP Annual Meeting:
Saturday, September 24th
- In the weekend prior to the 3-day meeting, join us for the full-day 2022 ACCP Trends in Drug Development Seminar, that will host a diverse group of expert Faculty Speakers on cutting-edge topics in preclinical and clinical drug development relevant to clinical pharmacologists primarily working in industry.
- Also on Saturday is a full-day, hands-on Pre-meeting Workshop on Quantitative Systems Pharmacology that covers the spectrum from the novice to experienced modelers.
- PharmaFete – New in 2022, we celebrate the opening of the meeting and our return to face-to-face events with a fun social on Saturday evening where you can enjoy getting together with friends and colleagues, old and new.
Sunday, September 25th – Tuesday, September 27th
- Refresh your knowledge with the latest in cutting-edge scientific content over 3 days of events, including the Plenary Session, 14 Symposia and two Hot Topics Sessions. These events are designed to encompass presentations on high-impact topics and are organized into tracks that allow Attendees to uniquely tailor content selection to their individual interests. ACCP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) and offers CME & CPE credits at no extra cost!
- Of particular interest on Monday morning, Invited Keynote Nora D. Volkow, MD, Director of the National Inst on Drug Abuse (NIDA) at the National Inst of Health, will present on her body of work demonstrating that drug addiction is a brain disorder.
- A series of events on Sunday, September 25th for Students, Trainees & Early-stage Professionals will provide career guidance and an opportunity to network with leaders in the clinical pharmacology field as you seek answers that will help you excel in your career.
- Evening Receptions on Sunday and Monday – socialize and network while exploring scientific Posters, the latest offering from our valued Exhibitors, Podium Presentations by Student & Trainee Abstract Award Winners and, new to 2022, presentations on a wide range of topics in the Industry Theater.
- Lunch & Awards Events – hear presentations and interviews from the 2022 ACCP Award Winners over lunch on Sunday and Monday and Member & Non-members alike are invited to join us for the 2022 Annual Business Meeting over lunch on Tuesday.
For those who have never had the opportunity to attend an ACCP Annual Meeting, join us in 2022 and see for yourself how ACCP hosts an outstanding educational and scientific event that provides healthcare professionals and scientists with a forum to exchange knowledge and ideas that promote and expand the value of clinical pharmacology in healthcare and drug development. Registration is now open! Remember to register early for the Trends in Drug Development Seminar and the Pre-meeting Workshop on Quantitative Systems Pharmacology, as seating is limited.
The headquarters hotel for the meeting is the Bethesda N Marriott Hotel & Conf Ctr
, 5701 Marinelli Rd, North Bethesda, MD. A special group room rate of $199 per night
(plus applicable taxes, currently 13%) has been established and this rate is available three days before and after the meeting. Please refer to the 2022 ACCP Annual Meeting when making reservations
to get the special room rate.
Come learn, network and be part of an excellent educational & scientific event in the clinical pharmacology community! We look forward to welcoming you to the meeting in September!