The Mentoring Program at ACCP includes two options:
The first is a short-term relationship for a review of your CV to offer suggestions that will:
- enhance your CV to include pertinent information that hiring managers are looking for;
- increase the likelihood of success in your job search;
- become a critical element of moving on to the next phase of your career.
Colleagues who have taken advantage of a CV review have overwhelmingly found it to be a positive experience and important in making the right statement when looking for your next opportunity. Send your CV through the Mentoring Request Form.
The second opportunity is to seek an ACCP Mentor with whom you will develop a longer-term relationship:
- help you focus your efforts;
- make suggestions for the acquisition of additional skill sets and expertise;
- guide you on your career path and answer questions to aid you in career-based decisions.
In requesting a Mentor, please provide information as to why you are seeking a Mentor and feel free to recommend a Mentor from the online list ACCP provides. Please complete the Mentoring Request Form and submit it.
The ACCP Mentoring Program Liaison will be in touch with you shortly to facilitate a match with an appropriate Mentor. The frequency of contact is ultimately up to the Mentor and Mentee. The match is intended to last for one year, but Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to continue communication, if desired.
Still unsure how the ACCP Mentoring Program works? We’ve provided additional guidance on what you need to consider to ensure a successful Mentor-Mentee relationship.
As a follow-up to your Mentoring experience, we will ask you to complete a brief survey to help us understand how to improve the program.