Instructions for Abstracts
When preparing your Abstract for submission for the ACCP Annual Meeting, we kindly ask that you adhere to the following guidelines.
There are no restrictions on the number of Abstracts submitted or on the number of Posters you present at the Annual Meeting.
- Students & Trainees must upload a valid Student ID or a verification letter from a Professor/Mentor. (Please do not include an offer letter as verification.)
- You may include up to 10 Authors in your submission. Additional Authors may be mentioned within the body of your Abstract and/or during your Poster presentation.
- Be sure to clearly indicate first and presenting Authors (which is many cases are the same individual).
- All titles must be formatted using Initial Caps.
- The title is limited to 75 words.
- Do not abbreviate compounds within the title of the Abstract.
- The body of the Abstract is limited to 500 words (including characters, numbers, etc.) and does not include spaces and tables. If you are copying and pasting from a document, you might encounter a slight deviation in count as not all software calculates words and characters the same.
- The Abstract submission includes:
- Statement of Purpose
- Description of Methods & Materials
- Data & Results
- Interpretation, Conclusion & Significance
- Use only standard abbreviations. All compounds that are designated by code must be identified adequately. The first mention of a compound should be spelled out in full followed by an abbreviation in parentheses.
- Nonproprietary (generic) names are required the first time a drug is mentioned, written in lower case letters.
- Capitalize the first letter of trade names.
- DO NOT INCLUDE street addresses, zip codes and degrees within the Abstract details of your submission.
- Enter any disclosures, grant information or conflict of interests in the separate Disclosures field (this will not count towards your total word count).
IMAGES AND TABLES
- You may upload up to one table and one image in your submission.
- Acceptable formats for images are jpg, png or gif.
- Acceptable formats for tables are Excel, jpg or png.
- Please include a title for each table and image.
FINALIZING YOUR SUBMISSION
- If you have not completed the required sections and details, you will not be able to submit. When all required information is entered, the “Save Submission” button will appear at the bottom and top right of the page.
- You may preview your submission on the first page after you log in.
- Edits will be accepted up until the submission deadline of April 11, 2024.
Acceptance/rejection email notifications will be sent by May 24th to the primary author.
If you have any questions regarding the submission criteria or the status of your acceptance, please contact [email protected].