ACCP Annual Meeting Faculty Participant Proposal Guidelines & Budget Requirements
The American College of Clinical Pharmacology® invites Pre-meeting Workshop and Symposia proposals for the ACCP Annual Meeting on an annual basis.
The Annual Meeting provides both Pre-meeting Workshop courses and Symposium courses. Workshop proposals can be submitted as either a half (3.5 hours) or full day. Proposals for Symposia are defined as short courses (90–120 minutes) or half-day (3.5 hours).
Proposals must be designed to address a gap in professional knowledge, skills or performance which a healthcare team would utilize to improve patient outcomes or the healthcare profession. (For example, the proposal is based on new regulations/standards or guidelines, national health data or reports or issues/concerns described in the professional literature). Proposals must present valid content that adheres to generally-accepted standards of experimental design and contributes to healthcare improvements for patients and/or their communities. As a provider of Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE), Proposals submitted to ACCP must integrate the planning process from two or more professions to promote interprofessional learning.
Proposals must include all of the information as noted in the Proposal Submission System. Proposals will be reviewed for merit by the Annual Meeting Program Committee. Proposals that are incomplete will not be reviewed and proposals that do not meet these guidelines will not be accepted.
Course Chair Responsibilities
Once a Proposal is accepted, the Course Chair is responsible for final confirmation of the Faculty participant roster, communicating course goals and expectations to Faculty and working with ACCP Staff to ensure that the course meets all ACCP Faculty Requirements.
Basic audiovisual support will be provided (LCD projector/screen, podium with microphone, laser pointer and laptop and a head table with chairs). Additional audiovisual support may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Recommended Faculty Composition
- Faculty participants should be chosen to ensure that the course is fair and balanced and represents the various stakeholders (academic, regulatory, industry, clinical, patients, etc.) with an interest in the topic.
- Proposal Chair(s) are limited to two (2) and may not be from the same facility, organization, company or other entity.
- Course Chairs must participate as Faculty participants in the course, not as only Course Chairs. Additionally, Panel Discussions must be comprised of only Faculty participants from the given Course.
- A maximum of two (2) Non-members are allowed per course (any combination of Chairs and Faculty participants).
- For 90–120 minute courses, we recommend no more than four (4) Faculty participants, including Course Chairs. For 3.5-hour courses, we recommend four–six (4-6) Faculty participants, including Course Chairs.
- Faculty participants should not be invited to participate until the Proposal is approved.
Budget Requirements for Proposals
Budgets for each course (Workshops & Symposia) cover travel reimbursement for Non-member Faculty only up to the limitations of the budget ($1,200 per 90–120-minute course or $2,000 per 3.5-hour course*) and within the guidelines provided by ACCP. Course Chairs are responsible for determining how the budget will be dispersed among Faculty participants within their course.
- Non-member Faculty participants are also provided with complimentary meeting registration on the day(s) they are scheduled to speak.
- Participation on any other day(s) of the Annual Meeting as a Non-faculty attendee requires registration and is not reimbursable.
- ACCP Member Faculty are not eligible for hotel or travel reimbursement for Pre-meeting Workshops or Symposia in which they speak, nor are they provided with complimentary meeting registration on the day(s) they participate in Symposia. There is no fee for ACCP Members to attend a Pre-meeting Workshop in which they are a Faculty participant.
- Travel expense reimbursements are made by check following the meeting and after submission of a valid travel reimbursement request.
*Additional travel funds may be available under special circumstances approved by the Annual Meeting Program Committee Chairs.
A maximum of two (2) Non-members are allowed per course (any combination of Chairs and Faculty participants). Each 90–120 minute course receives $1,200 in budget support and 3.5-hour courses receives $2,000 in budget support. This may be used at the Chair’s discretion for two (2) US-based Non-member Faculty participants or one (1) international Non-member Faculty participant.
Please use the following estimates per Non-member participant for developing a course budget:
- Hotel: One night stay per day of speaking at the meeting-designated hotel
- Coach airfare/train: $500 (for US-based Faculty participant)/$1,500 (for international Faculty participant) purchased at least 30 days in advance; travel by car (mileage) will be reimbursed for round trip mileage and local parking if it is less than coach airfare (<$500).
- Ground transport, travel meals and expenses for the Faculty Speakers only: $200 (meals during the Annual Meeting are provided with registration and will not be reimbursed).
- Receipts are required for all expenses, including mileage and toll documentation.
- Unless requested by ACCP and approved in writing, changes to travel arrangements that incur an additional fee are not covered by ACCP.
- ACCP does not offer reimbursement for Internet access purchased in guest rooms, phone calls, movies, tours, or any expenses incurred by a spouse/family member.
Please note: reimbursement is based on actual costs and cannot exceed the amount that has been allocated. ACCP does not offer honoraria for Faculty participants.
*Additional funding: Course Chairs may submit requests for additional funding in addition to the proposal budget. Requests must include how the funding will be secured and should assume 50% of the requested funds raised will support the Non-member Faculty and 50% will be designated for indirect costs.