ACCP Annual Meeting Proposal Guidelines and Budget Requirements
The American College of Clinical Pharmacology invites Pre-meeting Workshop and Symposia proposals for the ACCP Annual Meeting on an annual basis.
The Annual Meeting provides both Pre-meeting Workshop sessions and Symposium sessions. Workshop proposals can be submitted as either a half (3.5 hours) or full day. Proposals for Symposia are defined as short sessions (90–120 minutes) or half-day (3.5 hours). Proposals must include all of the information as noted in the Activity Proposal Form. Proposals will be reviewed for merit by the Annual Meeting Program Committee. Proposals that are incomplete and/or do not meet these guidelines will not be reviewed or accepted.
Session Chair Responsibilities
Once a proposal is accepted, the session Chair is responsible for final confirmation of the Faculty/Speaker roster, communicating session goals and expectations to Faculty and working with ACCP Staff to ensure that the event meets all ACCP Faculty Requirements.
Basic audiovisual support will be provided (LCD projector/screen, podium with microphone, laser pointer and laptop and a head table with chairs). Additional audiovisual support may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Recommended Faculty Composition
- Speakers should not be invited to participate until the activity is approved.
- Faculty should be chosen to ensure that the course is fair and balanced and represents the various areas (academic, regulatory, etc.) with an interest in the topics.
- There should be no more than two course participants with any one facility, organization, company or other entity. Course participants include course planners, moderators and speakers.
- A maximum of two Non-members are allowed per session (any combination of Chairs and Speakers)
- For 90–120 minute sessions, we recommend no more than four Faculty participants. For 3.5-hour sessions, we recommend four–six Faculty participants.
Budget Requirements for Proposals
Budgets for each session (Workshops & Symposia) cover travel reimbursement for Non-member Faculty only up to the limitations of the budget ($1,200 per 90–120-minute session or $2,000 per 3.5-hour session*) and within the guidelines provided by ACCP. Session Chairs are responsible for determining how the budget will be dispersed among Faculty within their event. Non-member Faculty are also provided with complimentary meeting registration on the day(s) they are scheduled to speak. Participation on any day(s) of the event as a Non-faculty attendee requires registration and payment. ACCP Member Faculty are not eligible for hotel or travel reimbursement for Pre-meeting Workshops or Symposia in which they speak, nor are they provided with complimentary meeting registration on the day(s) they participate in Symposia. There is no fee for ACCP Members to attend a Pre-meeting Workshop in which they are Faculty. Expense reimbursements are made by check.
*Additional travel funds may be available under special circumstances approved by the Program Committee Chairs.
A maximum of two Non-members are allowed per session (any combination of Chairs and Speakers). Each 90–120 minute session receives $1,200 in budget support and 3.5-hour sessions receive $2,000 in budget support. This may be used at the Chair’s discretion for two US-based Speakers, or one international Speaker.
Please use the following estimates per Non-member Speaker for developing a session budget:
- Hotel: One night stay at the meeting-designated hotel ($ + tax) = ~$250
- Coach airfare/train: $500 (for US-based speaker)/$1,500 (for international speaker) purchased at least 30 days in advance; travel by car (mileage) will be reimbursed for round trip mileage and local parking if it is less than coach airfare (<$500).
- Ground transport, travel meals and expenses: $200 (meals during the Annual Meeting are provided with registration and will not be reimbursed).
- Receipts are required for all expenses, including mileage and toll documentation.
- ACCP does not offer reimbursement for Internet access purchased in guest rooms, phone calls, movies, tours, or any expenses incurred by a spouse/family member.
Please note: reimbursement is based on actual costs and cannot exceed the amount that has been allocated. ACCP does not offer honoraria for Faculty Speakers.
*Additional funding: Session Chairs may submit requests for additional funding in addition to the proposal budget. Requests must include how the funding will be secured and should assume 50% of the requested funds raised will support the Non-member Speaker(s) and 50% will be designated for indirect costs.