ACCP gratefully acknowledges the work of the 2018 Annual Meeting Program Committee, co-chaired by Drs. Dionna Green and Amalia Issa, that is working diligently to ensure an outstanding, cutting-edge scientific program. Their efforts have been supported by the entire Annual Meeting Program Committee, whose unwavering support, expertise and dedication have been extremely valuable and is much appreciated.
2018 Annual Meeting Program Committee: (Co-chairs) Dionna Green, MD and Amalia Issa, PhD, MPH; (Members) Barbara Ameer, PharmD, MBA, Satjit Brar, PharmD, PhD, Kristina Brooks, PharmD, Gilbert J. Burckart, PharmD, Steven Crosby, BS, MA, Parag Kumar, PharmD, Pooja Manchandani, PhD, Diane Mould, PhD, Anne Paccaly, PharmD, PhD, Catherine MT Sherwin, PhD, MSc, John van den Anker, MD, PhD and Islam Younis, PhD.
2018 Annual Meeting Program educational courses include presentations that span the breadth of current, relevant topics. ACCP remains committed to offering Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) credits for our educational events, provided to meeting attendees at no additional cost. View Program at a Glance or the Detail Program of Pre-meeting Workshop and Symposia.
On Saturday, September 22nd, a series of Pre-meeting Workshops will cover topics such as:
- Defining organ-on-a-chip and its use in advancing the role of clinical pharmacology in drug discovery & development;
- Applications of quantitative & systems pharmacology from drug development to patient care;
- The clinical pharmacologists as an effective communicator;
- Model-informed, optimal neonatal clinical trial design.
On Sunday, an invited Plenary speaker will open the 3-day meeting with a presentation on "Will Digital Health Transform Drug Development" and Monday morning will feature a lively Debate on "Do We Still Need Clinical Pharmacology?" Symposium topics during the 3-day meeting include:
- Pharmacometrics – using physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling during pregnancy & lactation studies and an ACCP/ISoP jointly-sponsored event on pharmacometrics at the bedside;
- Pediatrics – innovation on pediatrics HIV drug development and the extrapolation of intrinsic and extrinsic factors from adult pharmacokinetics to pediatric patients;
- Drug Development – the missing piece in the puzzle in intestinal influx transporters, using clinical pharmacology to break down barriers to generic drug substitution, non-traditional approaches to bioequivalence, the opportunities and challenges of studying targeted anticancer drugs in healthy volunteers and the ACCP/CSRC jointly-sponsored event on various facets of assessing cardiac safety;
- Patient Care – perspectives of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, 2nd generation immuno-oncology products and the evolving clinical & regulatory requirements of assessing physical dependence and drug withdrawal symptoms;
- Biostatistics – dose finding and methodological & statistical consideration in drug development for rare diseases;
- Pharmacogenetics/Precision Medicine – implementation of preemptive pharmacogenetics and the ACCP/AAPS jointly-sponsored event using PBPK and population pharmacokinetic strategies for precision medicine in pediatrics;
- Novel Technologies – perspectives on the opportunities & challenges in oligonucleotide-based therapies.