ACCP is pleased to announce the launch of its new Learning Management System! The system provides a series of advantages to users:
- Single login - now you can use your ACCP login credentials to get to the Learning Management system;
- 24/7 access to all online educational materials;
- Events categorized by type - whether you are looking for live events or something online, you can easily access events;
- Searchable content - use keywords or event descriptions to easily search for materials;
- Documentation - each event in which you participate and each time you earn CE credits is documented in the system.
Content for the following event types is included in the Learning Management System:
- ACCP Journal CE - available monthly to earn CE credits on select articles from The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;
- ACCP Virtual Journal Club* - live events that feature a presentation by the author of the featured article, followed by questions and discussion; also available On Demand;
- ACCP Annual Meeting On Demand Events* - as part of its commitment to providing 24/7 access to high-quality educational materials, ACCP records select Workshops & Symposia from its Annual Meeting, made available as an On Demand event;
- ACCP Fundamentals Tutorials* - designed to provide a "not too technical" overview of clinical pharmacology, the ACCP Fundamentals Tutorials are offered as live webinars featuring a presentation followed by questions and discussion; also available On Demand;
- ACCP Therapeutic Dilemmas* - designed to specifically focus on the challenges faced in therapeutic settings, the ACCP Therapeutic Dilemmas series events are offered as live webinars featuring a presentation followed by questions and discussion; also available On Demand;
- Other ACCP Webinars - a series of specialty events offered as live webinars featuring a presentation followed by questions and discussion; also available On Demand.
* All live sessions are recorded and available online for up to 3 years.
Additional information may be obtained via CE@ACCP1.org.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) has identified critical knowledge and skills that medical students must acquire before graduating in order to be prepared to function independently at the beginning of their residency training. These are called the Core Entrustable Professional Activities (EPA) and include the ability to appropriately prescribe medications. The American College of Clinical Pharmacology (ACCP) is developing a set of standards representing the core EPA in clinical pharmacology that are published as a series of papers known as the Clinical Pharmacology Education: Pearls for Practice™in The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. An ACCP Committee dedicated to this task has identified eight core topics within the Clinical Pharmacology Education: Pearls for Practice™, including pharmacokinetics & pharmacodynamics, dosage adjustment in young or old age or organ impairment, medication adherence, biologics, drug-drug interactions, working in a healthcare team, utilizing online information sources, and common problem drugs.