ACCP Membership Categories
Please note: A membership application is not considered complete until all required documents have been submitted and acknowledged by the ACCP Executive Office. All applications must be submitted in full 30 days before the Board of Regents Meetings, the dates of which are noted below:
- May 3, 2020
- September 19, 2020
We invite you to consider volunteering for one of ACCP’s Committees and to stay on top of ACCP’s activities and information from the global clinical pharmacology community by following us on and downloading the ACCP365 Mobile App.
A Member of ACCP is a healthcare professional with the following:
Annual Dues for a Member are $225, which includes online subscriptions to The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology in Drug Development.
- An earned Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree in any healthcare profession or in any one of the biomedical or pharmaceutical sciences, or the equivalent;
- Evidence of substantial activity in teaching, research or patient care, with a continuing interest in clinical pharmacology.
Please Note: For New Members joining between May 1 – July 31, dues are $112.50 for half-year (May – December) for the year you join only. Future years will be at the regular rate of $225 per calendar year.
Complete/Update a Profile, including the information on the Demographics tab, and upload your CV.
Student Members are those who are:
- Pursuing a predoctoral or postdoctoral degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, DDS, DO) and who have an interest in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics;
- Candidates for this class of membership will provide to ACCP documentation of their status as a Student or Trainee, as part of the application process for this class of membership.
Please note: Student Members shall have no voting privileges and eligibility for this category of membership shall end the year that the intended degree is obtained.
Annual Dues for a Student Member are $50, which includes online subscriptions to The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology in Drug Development.
Please Note: For New Student Members joining between May 1 – July 31, dues are $25.00 for half-year (May – December) for the year you join only. Future years will be at the regular rate of $50 per calendar year.
Complete/Update a Profile, including the information on the Demographics tab, and upload your CV and some form of Student Verification.
A Fellow is the highest category of membership granted by ACCP and, as such, is awarded to those with exemplary credentials and dedication to the betterment of the discipline. Persons interested in becoming a Fellow should join as a Member and notify KLevy@ACCP1.org about their interest in becoming a Fellow. Requirements for Fellowship are as follows:
- An earned Doctoral degree in any of the healthcare professions or any biomedical or pharmaceutical science;
- At least five (5) years of experience beyond postdoctoral training in basic or clinical pharmacology;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from current ACCP Fellows;
- Evidence of meritorious work which is acceptable to the Credentials Committee and the Board of Regents, including at least two (2) criteria from the following list:
- A minimum of five (5) publications in peer-reviewed journals in the past five (5) years;
- Three (3) years as an actively participating and constructive Member of ACCP;
- National or international recognition or awards in clinical pharmacology, excluding trainee awards;
- Board certification from the American Board of Clinical Pharmacology.
- Editor or Editorial Board member of a peer-reviewed, professional journal in the field of clinical pharmacology.
Annual Dues for a Fellow are $300, which includes online subscriptions to The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology in Drug Development.
The Retired Member category is available to those who have reached the age of 70 or will enter full retirement on or before January of the calendar dues year. Retired Members shall have no voting rights, but shall otherwise receive full Member Benefits. Annual Dues for a Retired Member are $75, which includes online subscriptions toThe Journal of Clinical PharmacologyandClinical Pharmacology in Drug Development.
Emeritus Members or Fellows:
Any Member or Fellow in good standing who has maintained that membership category for no less than 15 years and who has reached the age of 70 or who has retired may, upon request, be relieved from the annual assessment while retaining the privileges of membership.
Facilitating Membership in Developing Countries
In accordance with the globalization of health education and research, e.g., through world health programs such as the Health InterNetwork, there is an ongoing effort to improve worldwide access to health information of high quality. ACCP enjoys collegial ties within the global clinical pharmacology community and proudly boasts a substantial number of international members, including colleagues from developing countries who take advantage of ACCP's relevant educational programs and publications. A dues structure has been established for Members from developing countries categorized as low income or lower middle income by the World Bank and those fees are adjusted according to current economic conditions that are updated annually by the World Bank. This fee structure is economically feasible for ACCP by using electronic communications and documents, which are accessed by members in developing countries via the Members-only area of the College's website. Qualifications and requirements for membership can be found in the application materials. For those of you with qualified colleagues working in countries with developing economies, you can help advance the international clinical pharmacology community by promoting membership in ACCP.
Dues for Developing Countries