Inclusivity, Diversity & Equity is the Core of ACCP's Culture
The Mission & Vision of the American College of Clinical Pharmacology® (ACCP) includes providing innovative leadership and interdisciplinary education that will enable the generation, integration and translation of scientific knowledge to optimize the research, development and utilization of medication for the benefit of all. As an organization with a global membership, ACCP strives to embrace the unique nature of each individual in the international community it serves. From educating healthcare colleagues that span the breadth of the myriad of facets of the profession to ensuring safe and efficacious patient care, ACCP remains committed to promoting and adhering to fairness and equity.
Our culture is founded on inclusivity. From a diverse Board of Regents elected by the society’s Members to discounted membership fees for colleagues from developing countries to proudly supporting diversity among Faculty Speakers in educational programs and a concerted effort to provide opportunities and develop the skills of our younger colleagues, ACCP deliberately seeks to promote the field of clinical pharmacology to all who express an interest and share our values, regardless of ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or skill set. We endeavor to avoid unconscious bias and promote professionalism, courtesy and respect. This cannot be a static concept, but must instead be one by which we abide as we evolve and grow.
The Officers, Board of Regents, Staff and the membership of ACCP invite you to join us in serving our global community with dignity & integrity to prohibit discrimination & harassment and work together to achieve a better tomorrow.
Inclusivity, Diversity & Equity Committee
The main purpose of the IDE Committee is to implement guidances to ensure that ACCP is mindful of a social balance in its activities and programming that provides an atmosphere of opportunity for all persons in the society. This will allow ACCP to effectively meet the needs of its Members, engage them in society activities and attract new Members to whom the opportunities appeal. For more information on the Committee and its role please view the Inclusivity, Diversity & Equity Committee Charter.
2022 - 2024 IDE Committee
View video statements from committee members about the importance of the IDE Committee.
2021 - 2022 Committee Activities
- Develop guidances for inclusion in Policies & Procedures to encourage deliberate mindfulness about diversity
- Composition of Board, Committees, Faculty Speakers, Award winners
- Balance diversity with qualifications to ensure to have the right people in the right positions for continued reputation for educational and scientific expertise and solid Leadership
- Symposium hosted at 2022 ACCP Annual Meeting on Equity & Diversity in Clinical Research & Development: Addressing Disparities & Barriers to Improve Medication Access on Sunday, September 25th, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Collaborative effort with the ACCP Public Policy Committee to develop manuscript on “The Importance of Diversity and Inclusion in Drug Development and Clinical Trial Conduct” for publication in The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- Present initiatives at Annual Business Meeting each year